Article originally published onRealfoodRN.com republished with permission.
This is one of the most important questions I address when I see clients for this issue (or all issues for that matter), or when I’m doing a lecture. Most natural health practitioners will simply tell you to do a colon cleanse, followed by enzymes, probiotics, and maybe some Aloe Vera.
Having said that, part of my job is to simplify sessions with my clients and because of that, I make sure I get to the actual cause very quickly, and then let the client know what I suggest to help them heal at the deepest level. Now, believe it or not, even when there is a deep rooted cause, it still usually takes only A few natural therapies to completely heal.
Common Causes for Digestive Issues
- Candida (systemic yeast infection)
- Lingering viral, bacterial, or parasitic infection
- Heavy metal ‘poisoning’
- Colon issues like Diverticulitis, Diverticulosis, Crohn’s (autoimmune) and Colitis
Low body temperature (your body doesn’t produce enough enzymes to break down food & other toxins, which can create the above issues). This is the first thing I look at.
- Take your temperature 30 minutes after awakening, before taking in any food or liquid.
- If it’s below 98.2, then chances are you are not producing enough digestive or systemic enzymes.
- This is a subset within a subset, as there can be many causes of this.