Anyone suffering from any kind of anxiety or stress should definitely give this home made drink a go.
Anxiety and headaches are nothing new. We are constantly trying to keep up with a fast-paced life and our bodies are telling us to slow down and in our efforts to keep up with our images, things have really gone astray! Thank goodness there is a remedy.
Check it out:
Pure lavender is an essential oil to aid you in your health and wellness. It is one of the gentlest oils while still being the most powerful. It is chemically complex with over 150 active constituents.Lavender oil has many anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifier, hypotensive and sedative properties.
Researchers have found that it reduces anxiety and lowers pulse rates in nursing students that are taking stressful tests. In the hospital, lavender aromatherapy has been known to decrease pre-surgery distress and relax you like a massage or merely resting would. It also has medical properties and has been proven to reduce depression, improve insomnia and ease labor pains. And evidence suggests that lavender oil benefits those with headaches, hangovers, sinus congestion and pain relief due to the psychological effects of the fragrance combined with physiological effects of volatile oils in the limbic system.
So let’s go over the steps on how to make your own Lavender Lemonade.
DIY Lavender Lemonade using Lavender Essential Oil
• 1 cup raw honey
• 12 cups pure water
• 1 drop of lavender essential oil
• 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
• Lavender sprigs for garnish
Mix all ingredients together and chill. Add more water or raw honey if needed.
Other ways you can use Lavender Oil for Anxiety and Headaches
• Mix 5 to 6 drops of Lavender essential oil to your bath water if you have dry skin.
• Diffuse 10 to 12 drops of Lavender into the air during your workday for natural stress relief.
• Add 2 drops of Lavender per ounce of your favorite lightly scented, unrefined organic oil (like almond oil or olive oil) for a body oil with all the benefits of lavender for improving your skin, relaxing your mind, warding off insects or helping you sleep