Article originally published onRealfoodRN.com republished with permission.
This is one of the most important questions I address when I see clients for this issue (or all issues for that matter), or when I’m doing a lecture. Most natural health practitioners will simply tell you to do a colon cleanse, followed by enzymes, probiotics, and maybe some Aloe Vera.
While this may work for some people, it will not work for most; at least not those things alone. This is because there are specific causes that go way deeper than being able to be fixed by just these methods.
Having said that, part of my job is to simplify sessions with my clients and because of that, I make sure I get to the actual cause very quickly, and then let the client know what I suggest to help them heal at the deepest level. Now, believe it or not, even when there is a deep rooted cause, it still usually takes only A few natural therapies to completely heal.
Common Causes for Digestive Issues
- Candida (systemic yeast infection)
- Lingering viral, bacterial, or parasitic infection
- Heavy metal ‘poisoning’
- Colon issues like Diverticulitis, Diverticulosis, Crohn’s (autoimmune) and Colitis
Low body temperature (your body doesn’t produce enough enzymes to break down food & other toxins, which can create the above issues). This is the first thing I look at.
- Take your temperature 30 minutes after awakening, before taking in any food or liquid.
- If it’s below 98.2, then chances are you are not producing enough digestive or systemic enzymes.
- This is a subset within a subset, as there can be many causes of this.