1. GET LOST FOR WORDS AT THE GRAND CANYON
2. WALK THE SIQ TO PETRA, JORDAN
3. THROW YOURSELF INTO LIVERPOOL’S NIGHTLIFE, ENGLAND
4. GET BLOWN AWAY BY THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA
5. SAIL THE WHITSUNDAYS, AUSTRALIA
6. VISIT THE TAJ BY MOONLIGHT, INDIA
7. SEE THE FLORAL WAVE OF CHERRY BLOSSOMS, JAPAN
In Japan, spring sees the country gradually coated in a light pink shade, soft petals slowly clustering on their branches as if puffed through by some benevolent underground spirit. Thesakura- zensen, or cherry blossom front, flushes like a floral wave that laps the country from south to north and is followed ardently by the Japanese. Among the best places to see it are Kiyomizu-tera in Kyoto, Tokyo’s Ueno Park or the castles in Osaka or Himeji, all of which are lent a dreamlike air by the arrival of the blossom each spring.